Sunday, July 8, 2012

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain

Like much of the country, we in Memphis, Tennessee have had more than our share of dry, 100 degree days ... ugh.  The older I get, the more I want to live somewhere other than the mid-south.  I just don't do heat and humidity like I used to. 

This morning, though, we were gifted with some rain.  Not the violent, wind-driven, here-this-minute-and-gone-the-next type of summer storm that is so typical of summer ... the kind that leaves everything steamier and even hotter than it was before the rain.  No.  This was a soft, gentle pattering rain that soaked into our thirsty yard and flower beds.  Thank you. 

We have a screened-in back porch with a metal roof, and I love the sound of rain on that roof.  It just makes me happy. 

Here's a blast from the past to accompany today's post.  Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  And, wherever you are, I hope you get just the right mix of sun and rain.

More later --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment so I know you've been here! Tell me what you think -- I really want to know.