Monday, February 25, 2013

Just breathe ...

Well, the back surgery drama continues...heaven help us all. 

I have a very large, very infected sebaceous cyst right in the center of the small of my back.  This is not good.  The surgeon will not operate as long as there is any infection whatsoever. I am on day 4 of 10 of a second round of antibiotics and, so far, it's not cleared up like I would wish.  I think that the surgery may well be delayed.

I am anxious to get the surgery done as scheduled, but at the same time, I don't want to have it done if the timing is not right and the conditions are not right.

So I wait ........ and breathe.  For this self-admitted control freak, that is a challenge. 


  1. Patty so sorry to hear that you have to delay the surgery. Nothing worst than getting your nerves prepared and than not to have it go through.
    This sort of thing happened to me years ago when I was given a date to go in for knee surgery. Got everything set up at home to be taken care of , got at the hospital on the day I was told to be there. And than they told me it was the wrong day.!! :-( Had to wait another month. Hope your cyst heals soon. I know they can be annoying. Take care. Eileen

  2. I'm so sorry you're having to endure this delay, Patty! After having had back surgery, I understand wanting to just get it over with. I'll be praying for you!


  3. Patty, sure hope it clears up so you can carry on and get that surgery.

    God bless.


Please leave me a comment so I know you've been here! Tell me what you think -- I really want to know.