Monday, May 13, 2013

A bump in the road

So, I've hit what I hope is just a bump in the road to healing.  Since waking up from surgery, I have had pain in my right leg.  It was fairly significant in the hospital, and many times when I requested a pain med, it was due to the leg pain.  Finally, last week I called the doctor's office and talked to them about it.  They called in a prescription for a steroid dose pack, in the hopes that it would calm down the nerve that runs down my leg and decrease the pain.

Unfortunately, the opposite occurred.  Since taking the dose pack, the pain has increased.  Yesterday was the worst day yet.  It felt like electric shocks in my right hip/butt with burning pain going down the back of my thigh and ending up at my ankle.  Very unpleasant and SO not conducive to walking.  I had been doing really well with the walking, tracking my walks online and keeping up with the distances.  I was up to about 1.6 miles each day.  But yesterday, I only got out once to walk and ended up at about .64 of a mile.  Very discouraging.  It just hurt too much to walk. 

So...I called the doctor's office again this morning and explained what is going on.  I have an appointment Wednesday morning to get it checked out and get an x-ray.  Needless to say, the internet is full of horror stories of back surgery gone wrong, and I am trying my best to stay positive and focused, and just look at this as a bump in the road, unless and until I know it to be anything else.  Today is my four week anniversary of the surgery, and I really hoped to be past the worst of the pain by this time.

In other news, I went into the bedroom today and saw a lump in the covers on the bed.  Lo and behold, an unnamed kitty was burrowed under there, sound asleep.  Funny boy.  I didn't get a picture of that, but here's one of him from the other night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment so I know you've been here! Tell me what you think -- I really want to know.